Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: web browser refresh problem

  1. #1
    Inactive Member andy_winton's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 1999
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hi there,

    I'm sure this was explained before,
    but when I post a message, I see the
    number of replies to the thread goes
    up but when I click on the thread I
    can't see the message. Even after I
    do a refresh.

    I'm guessing bill has added some kind
    of broken caching to IE.

    Any solutions?

    andy

    ------------------
    andy winton
    (www.wintonfilms.co.uk)

  2. #2
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    try holding down the shift key and clicking on refresh.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member andy_winton's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 1999
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll try


    ------------------
    andy winton
    (www.wintonfilms.co.uk)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member andy_winton's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 1999
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    nope didn't work

    ------------------
    andy winton
    (www.wintonfilms.co.uk)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Gwailofilms's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 4th, 2000
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Same thing happens to me too. Get onto it, techybods! smile

    ------------------
    "There's no moral... It's just a bunch of stuff that happens."

    www.gwailofilms.co.uk

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    are you accessing the site direct (eg dial-up), or through a proxy server (eg at work)?

    what browser version are you using? is it set to only cache once per session, or forever?

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Inactive Member andy_winton's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 1999
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it's ie5, I had the never box ticked, but
    now I read it it was never check for new
    pages, I've now ticked always from -

    tools->internet options->settings->

    lets see if this works


    ------------------
    andy winton
    (www.wintonfilms.co.uk)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member andy_winton's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 1999
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    nope still didn't work

    ------------------
    andy winton
    (www.wintonfilms.co.uk)

  9. #9
    Inactive Member andy_winton's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 1999
    Posts
    240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm accessing directly btw

    ------------------
    andy winton
    (www.wintonfilms.co.uk)

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    strange one. maybe after the next reboot? ...

    it's got to be a cache related problem somewhere, perhaps you should try a different browser ... opera's my favourite ;-)

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •